2.08.2009

We're so busy!


The past few days have been so incredibly busy! Flying home from Texas on the 4th, we got home and went to bed immediately since Paul was not granted an extra day off to recuperate from traveling. He went to work the next day. Friday was the 6th, and our tax money was deposited in to our bank account. (WHOO HOO!) I went to work researching and pricing out a new washer and dryer, since ours are just not good. The washer will only wash clothes in water a polar bear would shiver in, and the dryer's sole heat setting is "The Sun." Seriously, it melts buttons. (Sorry Nicole!)

So, now we are the proud owners of a matching set of Kenmore appliances that I will be recieving a whopping thirty percent off of, due in part to good timing and well applied research. (And some sage advice from a man on his lunch break in the middle of a hectic work day and who has been buying appliances for a good thirty years. You may know him as Ben but I call him Dad! Thank you Dad!)

While in Texas, we had a total blast. Emersen had a second 1st birthday and it was wonderful! Tons of family came, and we were very excited for Emmie to meet all the relatives who could make it! I know I had fun seeing how much growing my neices and nephew have done in the last few years. Emersen also met her first first cousins! Paul's brother Jamie had come to town, and his daughters stayed the weekend. Seeing him with his girls makes me want to have a few more of my own! We also got to go out to dinner with our friends, Jeni and Chris! They are so much fun! Jeni used to be Emersen's teacher at MyGym here in Silverdale. Since they moved to Texas, we decided it would be fun to hook up with them. The night went by way to quickly!

Okay, I got off track! Friday was the big purchase, plus our Secret Santa gift exchange between Paul and I and two other couples our very best friends. Ben, Nicole, Valerie and Mick came over for pizza and the gift exchange. Since everyone had pretty much figured out who had whom, we just handed each other the gifts and went about opening. My gift was the game Mad Gab. It was hysterically funny. Any game that can simultaneously make six different people laugh has got to be a good time, and it was! Paul got a movie and a t-shirt with a skull and crossbones on it that read "The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves" just in time for him to be assigned to the USS Emory S. Land! He can't wait to see the guys' reaction to that one!

Saturday was spent low key, and at home. We needed some rest from all the busy! Last night, Paul left here at six o'clock to get to the airport. His flight left so early in the morning, he made the decision to spent the night in the USO so he wouldn't have to get up at 2 a.m.! He slept well last night, and is officially headed to Jackson, MS where he'll drive the two hours to Meridian, MS and attend his school for three weeks. I can't tell you how happy I'll be to have him back home!

The pictures in the entry were taken by Paul's family friend Brandy. She was responsible for our wedding pictures, and now she's done Emersen's 1 year portraits. They are fantastic, I love them and I'm so glad she could capture my sweet baby's personality in just a short time! Thank you to Brandy for my wonderful keepsakes!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails